UPDATE: Looking for the most recent refurbishment schedule? Find the current Walt Disney World refurbishment schedule here.
Fall is one of the best times to visit Walt Disney World. Main Street, U.S.A. is decorated with the colors of autumn. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party invites guests to dress in costume and trick-or-treat with Mickey and friends. Fall bring cooler temperatures and reduced crowds to the parks, as well. If you’ll be traveling to Walt Disney World this fall, you’ll want to be aware of the scheduled refurbishments listed below before you make your way to the Most Magical Place on Earth. As always, the Refurbishment Schedule is subject to change, so be sure to confirm any information prior to your vacation.
- The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is currently undergoing refurbishment. It may be operating on modified service and/or routes. If you plan to use the monorail transportation, please be sure to check that it is the best mode of transportation on your day of travel, as other transportation options may be available. The monorail refurbishment is scheduled to be completed sometime in Summer 2016.
- Swiss Family Treehouse is currently closed for refurbishments until September 24, 2016
- Refurbishments are scheduled for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad August 8 – November 18, 2016.
- “it’s a small world” will be closed for refurbishment August 22 – September 15, 2016.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Pizza Planet is currently closed. It will re-open in Fall 2016 as PizzeRizzo, a pizzaria owned and operated by Rizzo the Rat. I can’t wait to visit the new Muppet themed restaurant!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- DINOSAUR and the Dino Institute Shop are currently closed for refurbishment until October 16, 2016.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Blizzard Beach will close for the park’s annual refurbishment October 23 through December 24, 2016.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Typhoon Lagoon will close for the park’s annual refurbishment December 25, 2016 through March 11, 2017.
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Soft goods refurbishment is currently taking place until September 24, 2016. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishments.
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- The Grand Slam Pool will be closed for refurbishments October 10 until December 2, 2016.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Guest rooms are currently being refurbished with new soft goods through January 2017. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment. The work will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Guests may hear and see work in progress. Certain pathways may become unavailable.
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Room refurbishments are currently taking place through October 31, 2016. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment; however, they may experience an interruption to water services overnight. Guests may also hear and see work in progress.
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- A beach renourishment project will take place is currently taking place and will continue through Fall 2016.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- A hard goods refurbishment will take place November 2, 2016 through March 26, 2018. Guests may hear and see construction. The work will be limited to 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. if possible.
- The Computer Pool is scheduled to close for refurbishments October 31 through December 23, 2016. Guests will be able to use the Hippy Dippy Pool or the Bowling Pool.
Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter
- Refurbishments are currently taking place at Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory until late Fall 2016.
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- Now through October 2016 guests will see and hear construction work throughout the villas, spa, and dining areas due to several refurbishment projects. Work likely to cause noise will attempt to be limited to the hours of 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Sonya’s restaurant and Bleacher’s Bar & Grill have permanently closed to make room for new experiences.
- The table service restaurant Shutters will be temporarily relocated to the SeaGrape Room.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- Due to extensive refurbishments until 2017, guests will likely see and hear construction work in various areas of the resort. The construction work will attempt to be limited to hours after 9:00 a.m.
- The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground, Marina and more will be unavailable until sometime in 2017.
- Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. In addition, surrounding views may be altered.
- The recently refurbished Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open and boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom will continue.
- The Cub’s Den children’s activity center will be unavailable through 2017.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Room refurbishments will take place October 29, 2016 throuh June 23, 2017. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress. Certain pathways may be unavailable during the refurbishments. To minimize disruptions, work will attempt to be limited to 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center
- Expansion work wil take place now through Feruary 1, 2018. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress. Certain pathways may become unavailable. In an effort to minimize diruptions, work will attempt to be limited to 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Guest room renovations are currently taking place through September 2016. Renovation work is scheduled to take place between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. No guests will be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience.
- Planet Hollywood is currently undergoing refurbishments and will re-open in Fall 2016.
- Fulton’s Crab House is currently closed for refurbishments and will reopen as Paddlefish in Fall 2016.