UPDATE: Looking for the most recent refurbishment schedule? Find the current Walt Disney World refurbishment schedule here.
This new year will bring lots of changes to Walt Disney World. Unfortunately, this means some of our favorite attractions must close for a time to may way for even more magic. If you’ll be traveling to the vacation kingdom soon, you’ll want to be aware of any refurbishments prior to your arrival. Below is the current refurbishment schedule for Walt Disney World as of January 2016. The Refurbishment and Closure schedule is subject to change and you should confirm any information prior to visiting.
- The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment through January 2016 and may be on modified service and/or routes. If you plan to use monorail transportation during your visit, be sure to check the best option available on your day of travel, as other transportation options will be available.
- Splash Mountain will be closed for a short refurbishment January 10 -14, 2016.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin will undergo refurbishment from January 18 – February 11, 2016.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed for a short refurbishment January 18 – 22, 2016.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be closed for refurbishment January 25 – February 3, 2016.
- The Mad Tea Party will be closed for a short refurbishment February 22 – 26, 2016.
- The Jungle Cruise will be closed for a short refurbishment March 1 – 3, 2016.
- Maelstrom has been permanently closed as it is re-imagined into a Frozen themed attraction scheduled to open May 2016.
- Soarin’ is currently closed and will re-open in summer 2016 with an all new show featuring sights from around the world.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Pizza Planet is currently undergoing refurbishment and will re-open in late 2016.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The Maharajah Jungle Trek is under refurbishment until January 21, 2016.
- Kali River Rapids is currently closed for refurbishment until February 11, 2016.
- Flights of Wonder will be closed for refurbishment January 25 – March 17, 2016.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Typhoon Lagoon is currently undergoing its annual refurbishment until March 12, 2016.
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Bay Cove Pool will undergo refurbishment February 1 – March 18, 2016.
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- The Surfboad Bay Pool will be closed January 25 – 28, 2016.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Guest rooms are being refurbished with new soft goods until May 20, 2016. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The Schoolyard Sprayground in the resort’s Finding Nemo section is currently undergoing refurbishment until March 11, 2016.
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Guest rooms will be refurbished with new soft goods January 22 – August 17, 2016. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Exterior repair and painting will continue until May 5, 2016.
- The Flying Fish Restaurant will be closed for refurbishment February 1 – September 30, 2016.
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Guest villa renovations will continue through Spring 2016. Guests will not be accommodated in villas undergoing refurbishment.
- The Luna Park Pool will be closed for a short refurbishment February 1 – 4, 2016.
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Due to Old Port Royale path of travel impacts, guests in the Martinique and Trinidad North sections of the resort may experience some constructions noises until February 28, 2016.
- The Jamaica Pool will be closed for a short refurbishment January 6 – 8, 2016.
- The Martinique Quiet Pool will undergo a short refurbishment January 11 – 13, 2016.
- The Fuentes del Morro Pool will be closed for renovations January 13 – 16, 2016.
- The Trinidad North Quiet Pool is schedule for refurbishments January 27 – 29, 2016.
- The Trinidad South Pool will be closed February 3 – 5, 2016.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Courtyard Pool will undergo refurbishments January 16 – 19, 2016.
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- The Pool Slide will be closed for refurbishment February 1 – 17, 2016.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- The Sandcastle Pool will be closed until January 6, 2016.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- General construction will be going on through Spring 2016. During this time, guests will observe construction and certain pathways and buildings may be unavailable.
- The East Pool is closed for refurbishment until Spring 2016. Guests may see or hear work in progress.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- The Bowling Pool is scheduled to close for refurbishments February 16 – March 1, 2016.
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Ol’ Man Island Pool will be closed for refurbishments January 11 – February 29, 2016.
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Grandstand Pool will be closed for a short refurbishment January 20 – 22, 2016.
- Treehouse Villas will be refurbished with new soft goods February 7 – June 22, 2016. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- General resort refurbishments will take until sometime in 2017. Due to multiple resort refurbishment projects, Guests will notice construction work in various areas. Noise may be overheard while this work is being completed, but construction will not begin until after 9 a.m. Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable.
- The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground and Recreation fire pit will be unavailable until sometime in 2017.
- The Cub’s Den children’s activity center will also be unavailable until sometime in 2017.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Stormalong Bay Slide will be closed for refurbishment January 11 – 15, 2016.
Buena Vista Palace
- Due to multiple resort refurbishment projects, guests will notice construction work in various areas.
- Front Desk renovation will continue through February 2016. A temporary front desk will be functional. The video arcade will close to make room for a new Grab and Go outlet.
- The Pool will be unavailable through June 2016. The spa pool, located in the main tower will remain open for all guests. Additionally, neighboring hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. will allow Buena Vista Palace guests to use their pools during this time. Watercress Café will be closed during this time; however, the one80 Sports Bar and Restaurant will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Guest room renovations will take place from June – September 2016. Renovation work is scheduled to take place between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. No guests will be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience.
- Due to heavy roadwork, expect delays on Buena Vista Drive through March 2016. It is recommended for guests to use Walt Disney World transportation from parks and resorts to Downtown Disney. Also plan to arrive early for reserved entertainment and dining experiences.
- Planet Hollywood will be closed for refurbishment January 6 – Summer 2016.