UPDATE: Looking for the most recent refurbishment schedule? Find the current Walt Disney World refurbishment schedule here.
If you’ll be traveling to Walt Disney World soon, be sure you are of any refurbishments before you arrive. Below are the latest refurbishment updates for Walt Disney World. The Refurbishment and Closure schedule is subject to change and you should confirm any information prior to visiting.
- The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment until December 2015 and may be on modified service and/or routes. If you plan to use monorail transportation during your visit, be sure to check the best option available on your day of travel, as other transportation options will be available.
- Pirates of The Caribbean is closed for refurbishment until September 25, 2015.
- The Liberty Tree Tavern will be closed for refurbishment until November 19, 2015.
- Dream Along With Mickey will undergo refurbishment until August 19, 2015.
- The Diamond Horseshoe is closed for refurbishment until November 19, 2015.
- The Mad Tea Party will be closed for a short refurbishment on August 26, 2015.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad will be closed for refurbishment October 12 – November 20, 2015.
- Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour will also be closed October 12 – November 20, 2015.
- Maelstrom has been permanently closed as it is re-imagined into a Frozen themed attraction scheduled to open May 2016.
- Living With The Land will be closed for a short refurbishment September 8 – 17, 2015.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid will be closed for a short refurbishment September 7 – 10, 2015.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Primeval Whirl will undergo refurbishment August 17 – November 12, 2015.
- Pizzafari will be closed for refurbishment August 23 – October 19, 2015.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- The annual refurbishment for Typhoon Lagoon is scheduled for January 3 – March 12, 2016.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- The annual refurbishment for Blizzard Beach is scheduled for October 26, 2015 – January 2, 2016.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Guest rooms are being refurbished with new hard and soft goods until August 22, 2015. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment; however, it is possible they may hear noise while work in is progress daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Exterior repair and painting will take place August 17, 2015 – May 5, 2016.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- The Fitness Center, Salon, and Casitas Leisure Pool will be closed for a maintenance until October 12, 2015. During this time, Guests can continue to visit the feature pool and the other two leisure pools at the resort. Additionally, a temporary fitness center will be set up for Guests in the Casitas area.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Gasparilla Island Grill will be closed August 23 – September 4, 2015. During the refurbishment, Beaches pool bar will offer breakfast and Mizners will offer grab and go options.
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Tide Me Over Food Court is closed for refurbishment until September 20, 2015.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- General construction will be going on through early 2016. During this time, guests will observe construction and certain pathways and buildings may be unavailable.
- The resort’s East Pool is closed for refurbishment until early 2016. Guests may see or hear work in progress.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- General resort refurbishments will take place October 2, 2015 until sometime in 2017. Due to multiple resort refurbishment projects, Guests will notice construction work in various areas. Noise may be overheard while this work is being completed, but construction will not begin until after 9 a.m. Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable.
- The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground and Recreation fire pit will be unavailable October 26, 2015 – sometime in 2017.
Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Guest room renovations will take place from October – mid-December 2015, as well as, June – September 2016. Renovation work is scheduled to take place between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. No guests will be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience.
Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Guest room renovations are currently taking place from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. These refurbishments will last until September 2015. Guests will not be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience.
- Due to heavy roadwork, expect delays on Buena Vista Drive through March 2016. It is recommended for guests to use Walt Disney World transportation from parks and resorts to Downtown Disney. Also plan to arrive early for reserved entertainment and dining experiences.
- There will be a loss of parking lot Entrance 2 to Guests/Cast traffic and associated lots A – G until August 1, 2016 in preparation for the construction of Town Center and the East Garage.
- Fulton’s Crab House will be closed for refurbishment January 1 – April 1, 2016.
- Planet Hollywood will be closed for refurbishment January 1 – June 1, 2016.