It’s hard to believe it’s already October! Magic Kingdom is decorated with the colors of fall and guests of all ages are trick-or-treating around the park at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. In just a matter of weeks, the parks will transform overnight from Halloween to Christmas. There is nothing quite as magical as visiting Walt Disney World during the holiday season.
If your family will be visiting the parks during this magical time of year, you’ll want to be aware of any scheduled refurbishments which may affect your visit. The Refurbishment Schedule is subject to change, so be sure to confirm any information prior to your vacation.
- Until further notice, the Walt Disney World monorail system is undergoing refurbishments and may be on modified service and/or routes. If you plan to use the monorail during your visit, be sure to check the best option available on your day of travel.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad is closed until further notice as preparations are made for the Tron coaster coming to Magic Kingdom.
- As part of the upcoming transformation of Epcot, much of Future World is currently behind construction walls. This construction does not affect any rides at this time. If you visit Epcot, be sure to stop in The Epcot Experience to see a preview of the exciting changes coming to the park.
- Fountain View featuring Starbucks has relocated to a temporary location.
- Club Cool has closed; however, certain elements are set to return in the future.
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot is temporarily closed. Guests can enjoy meeting favorite Disney characters at other locations throughout Epcot.
- Pin Central is temporarily in a new location while refurbishment is underway. The Camera Center has closed to become a new home for Pin Central.
- Heritage Manor is scheduled to close this fall/winter and return early next year.
- Art of Disney will operate temporarily from a new location while refurbishment is underway. Heritage Manor will later become the new home for Art of Disney offerings.
- Electric Umbrella is scheduled to close this winter. New dining options will be available in the future, featuring a variety of food and beverage selections.
- Mouse Gear will move to a temporary home this winter while its current location is reimagined.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will close for refurbishment on January 5, 2020, and reopen in mid-March 2020.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Additional refurbishment work and enhancements to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will take place later this year, resulting in a longer annual downtime than in previous years. Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will close for refurbishment beginning on September 8, 2019, and reopen in early 2020.
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- The Calypso Pool will be closed for refurbishment mid-September 2020 through mid-December 2020. The Piano leisure pool will be available. Guests at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort are welcome to use the pools at either Disney’s All-Star Movies or Disney’s All-Star Sports Resorts. During this time, guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from guest rooms between dusk and 9 am. All dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The Big Blue Pool will close for refurbishment in mid-September 2020 through mid-December 2020. During this time, other pool and recreation offerings including Flippin’ Fins Pool, Cozy Cone Pool, and the Schoolyard Sprayground will remain open. Noise may be heard as work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from guests’ rooms between dusk and 9 a.m.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop is closed for refurbishment through winter 2019.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Tri-Circle-D Ranch will relocate to a nearby area of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. As part of this, The Draft Horse Barn and Pony Farm will be redesigned into one new, enhanced barn within the ranch.
- In preparation for the new Tri-Circle-D Ranch location, the current Draft Horse Barn, Blacksmith Shop and Pony Farm has closed. The Draft Horses and ponies have moved to a temporary location nearby in order to continue providing exceptional care for the animals until the new barn is completed.
- Pony Rides have temporarily moved to the Trail Blaze Corral near the entrance and Reception Outpost at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha dinner show will be closed for maintenance on January 19 – 27, 2020.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- The Hippy Dippy Pool is scheduled to close for refurbishment in January 2020 through early spring 2020. During this time, guests will be able to use the Bowling Pool, Computer Pool, and the kiddie pool. Movies Under The Stars will be offered in an alternate location. Noise may be heard as work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from guests’ rooms between dusk and 9 a.m.
Best Western, Lake Buena Vista
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista is currently undergoing refurbishments through December 2020 to make exciting updates to the hotel. Work will be limited to between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. during the week and occasionally on weekends. All hotel amenities are available during the refurbishment and every precaution is being taken to minimize disruption to guests’ stays.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Roadwork is taking place in the area until further notice. Intermittent overnight lane closures, lane shifts, traffic congestion, and noise impacts can be expected along Osceola Parkway / Victory Way.
- Several roads near Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort may be operating under traffic restrictions or closed completely to accommodate runDisney events on the following dates:
Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Saturday, January 11 and Sunday, January 12, 2020, from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM during the Walt Disney World Marathon race events
- Sunday, February 23, 2020, from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM during the Disney Princess Half Marathon
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Sunday, January 12, 2020, from 5:30 AM to 12:30 PM during the Walt Disney World Marathon