Disney announced today NBA Experience will officially open at Disney Springs on August 12th! This new experience, located in the former home of Disney Quest, will allow guests to feel what it’s like to be a basketball superstar. The one-of-a-kind environment will be filled with 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across the building’s 44,000 square feet and two floors.
In the video below, Walt Disney Imagineer Stan Dodd shares additional insight into what guests can expect at the NBA Experience and hear why NBA players are excited for this new destination:
Here are some newly released details about NBA Experience coming to Disney Springs:
- When guests enter NBA Experience, they will feel like they are walking through the players’ tunnel onto the court at an NBA or WNBA arena.
- NBA Experience tickets grant guests access to every activity in any order they choose. They can return to stations multiple times to try and improve their performance or learn more about the game, the players, and the teams they love.
- In an activity that tests shooting skills, spots will light up on the court as guests move from one location to another attempting to sink as many shots as possible in 15 seconds.
- In a slam dunk challenge, guests can change the height of a standard 10-foot-tall rim to as low as seven feet so they can perform their own superstar moves – captured by burst photography.
- Guests can see how they stack up to some of the world’s best basketball players by measuring vertical leap, wingspan, and shooting and dribbling skills.
- Various activities can be personalized with guests’ name and associated with their favorite NBA or WNBA teams. Their stats will be tracked just like a real pro game.
- Real-time technology will aggregate stats of NBA and WNBA games and players for continuous updates, while leaderboards will show top NBA Experience performers throughout the day.
Are you excited for NBA Experience? How do you think you’ll measure up to the skills of the world’s best basketball players? Let us know what you’re most looking forward to at NBA Experience in the comments.