If you’ve visited Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World, you know one of the highlights of the party is Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade. This parade has been one of my favorites since I saw it at my first Halloween party last year. I love seeing the characters dressed in their Halloween costumes! The music is so fun and catchy. In fact, after seeing the parade you’ll probably have the music stuck in your head forever.
In celebration of Halloween today, I’m excited to share some fun facts you may not know about Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade:
- The Headless Horseman who rides down Main Street, U.S.A. ahead of the parade appears in the animated short The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parade debuted in 1999. It was followed in 2003 by Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade.
- Each year Mickey, Minnie, and friends celebrate Halloween by wearing brand new costumes for the parade.
- Until 2013, a Winnie the Pooh parade float followed Mickey & friends on their gazebo.
- Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade will travel 23 miles over the course of the Halloween season.
- A cast of 175 performers, float drivers, cosmetologists, costumers, decorators, and maintenance cast members bring the parade to life.
- For the 2019 parade, Disney added the spectral Bride to the Haunted Mansion parade unit. This eerie spirit can be seen gliding back and forth among the Haunted Mansion ballroom dancers.
- The parade features characters such as Captain Barbosa, Dr. Facilier, the hyenas from “The Lion King”, and the Hitchhiking Ghosts which are exclusive to this special event.
- The candy unit of the parade used to Pluto riding in a delivery truck while Goofy rode on the Candy Making Machine. In 2014, the candy unit was rethemed to Sugar Rush from “Wreck-It Ralph.” Ralph now rides on the Sugar Rush Delivery truck, while Vanelope rides on the Candy Making Machine.
- Have you ever smelled candy as Vanelope rides past? The Candy Making Machine is equipped with smellitizers that pump out the sweet smell of candy.
If all this talk of Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade has gotten you in the Halloween spirit, I invite you to enjoy my husband’s video of the parade on Park World TV. Watch the video below and you’ll be humming the parade music for the rest of the day!
Have you seen Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Let us know your favorite parade float or favorite party memory in the comments. Do you have any additional trivia about the parade? Share it with us in the comments.
Planning A Vacation?
Let our travel partner, Park World Travel, handle the details of planning your Disney vacation. When you book with Park World Travel, they will take care of all the details. Their expertise and personalized recommendations will help you make the most of your vacation. When you book a Disney vacation with Park World Travel, all of their services are available to you for free. Request your free no-obligation Disney vacation quote here.