With the new year comes so many new experiences at Walt Disney World. New attractions such as Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway are set to debut this year. The new Space 220 dining experience will open at Epcot this year. With updates to the parks also comes refurbishment closures. The new year will be an exciting time to visit Walt Disney World. If you’ll be visiting the parks soon, you’ll want to be aware of any scheduled closures prior to your arrival. The Refurbishment Schedule is subject to change, so be sure to confirm any information prior to your vacation.
- Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment in early January through late February 2020.
- Until further notice, the Walt Disney World monorail system is undergoing refurbishments and may be on modified service and/or routes. If you plan to use the monorail during your visit, be sure to check the best option available on your day of travel.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad is closed until further notice as preparations are made for the Tron coaster coming to Magic Kingdom.
- Test Track is scheduled to close January 13 – February 26, 2020 for upgrades to its software system.
- As part of the upcoming transformation of Epcot, much of Future World is currently behind construction walls. This construction does not affect any rides at this time. If you visit Epcot, be sure to stop in The Epcot Experience to see a preview of the exciting changes coming to the park.
- Fountain View featuring Starbucks has relocated to a temporary location.
- Club Cool has closed; however, certain elements are set to return in the future.
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot is temporarily closed. Guests can enjoy meeting favorite Disney characters at other locations throughout Epcot.
- Pin Central is temporarily in a new location while refurbishment is underway. The Camera Center has closed to become a new home for Pin Central.
- Heritage Manor has become the new home for Art of Disney offerings.
- Electric Umbrella is scheduled to close this winter. New dining options will be available in the future, featuring a variety of food and beverage selections.
- Mouse Gear has moved to a temporary location while its current location is reimagined.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will close for refurbishment on January 19, 2020, and will reopen in mid-March 2020.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Additional refurbishment work and enhancements to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will take place later this year, resulting in longer annual downtime than in previous years. Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park is currently closed for refurbishment and will reopen on January 19, 2020.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Tri-Circle-D Ranch will relocate to a nearby area of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. As part of this, The Draft Horse Barn and Pony Farm will be redesigned into one new, enhanced barn within the ranch.
- In preparation for the new Tri-Circle-D Ranch location, the current Draft Horse Barn, Blacksmith Shop and Pony Farm have closed. The Draft Horses and ponies have moved to a temporary location nearby in order to continue providing exceptional care for the animals until the new barn is completed.
- Pony Rides have temporarily moved to the Trail Blaze Corral near the entrance and Reception Outpost at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
- During the refurbishment, Carriage Rides and Wagon Rides will be temporarily unavailable until Spring 2020.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha dinner show will be closed for maintenance on January 19 – 27, 2020.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- The Hippy Dippy Pool is scheduled to close for refurbishment in January 2020 through early spring 2020. During this time, guests will be able to use the Bowling Pool, Computer Pool, and the kiddie pool. Movies Under The Stars will be offered in an alternate location. Noise may be heard as work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from guests’ rooms between dusk and 9 a.m.
Best Western, Lake Buena Vista
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista is currently undergoing refurbishments through December 2020 to make exciting updates to the hotel. Work will be limited to between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. during the week and occasionally on weekends. All hotel amenities are available during the refurbishment and every precaution is being taken to minimize disruption to guests’ stays.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Roadwork is taking place in the area until further notice. Intermittent overnight lane closures, lane shifts, traffic congestion, and noise impacts can be expected along Osceola Parkway / Victory Way.