If you’ll be visiting The Most Magical Place on Earth soon, you’ll want to be aware of any scheduled closures prior to your arrival. The Refurbishment Schedule is subject to change, so be sure to confirm any information prior to your vacation.
- Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment in early January through late February 2020.
- Until further notice, the Walt Disney World monorail system is undergoing refurbishments and may be on modified service and/or routes. If you plan to use the monorail during your visit, be sure to check the best option available on your day of travel.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad is closed until further notice as preparations are made for the Tron coaster coming to Magic Kingdom.
- Test Track is closed until February 26, 2020 for upgrades to its software system.
- As part of the upcoming transformation of Epcot, much of Future World is currently behind construction walls. This construction does not affect any rides at this time. If you visit Epcot, be sure to stop in The Epcot Experience to see a preview of the exciting changes coming to the park.
- Fountain View featuring Starbucks has relocated to a temporary location.
- Club Cool has closed; however, certain elements are set to return in the future.
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot is temporarily closed. Guests can enjoy meeting favorite Disney characters at other locations throughout Epcot.
- Pin Central is temporarily in a new location while refurbishment is underway. The Camera Center has closed to become a new home for Pin Central.
- Heritage Manor has become the new home for Art of Disney offerings.
- Electric Umbrella is scheduled to close this winter. New dining options will be available in the future, featuring a variety of food and beverage selections.
- Mouse Gear has moved to a temporary location while its current location is reimagined.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Kali River Rapids will be closed for refurbishment through late March 2020.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will remain closed for refurbishment and will reopen in mid-March 2020.
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- The Calypso Feature Pool will be closed for refurbishment Mid-September 2020 – Mid-December 2020. The Piano leisure pool will be available. Additionally, guests at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort are welcome to use the Feature Pools at either Disney’s All-Star Movies or Disney’s All-Star Sports Resorts. During this time, it is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM. All dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The Big Blue Pool is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment Mid-September 2020 – Mid-December 2020. During this time, other pool and recreation offerings will remain open-including Flippin’ Fins Pool, Cozy Cone Pool, and the Schoolyard Sprayground. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Tri-Circle-D Ranch will relocate to a nearby area of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. As part of this, The Draft Horse Barn and Pony Farm will be redesigned into one new, enhanced barn within the ranch.
- In preparation for the new Tri-Circle-D Ranch location, the current Draft Horse Barn, Blacksmith Shop and Pony Farm have closed. The Draft Horses and ponies have moved to a temporary location nearby in order to continue providing exceptional care for the animals until the new barn is completed.
- Pony Rides have temporarily moved to the Trail Blaze Corral near the entrance and Reception Outpost at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
- During the refurbishment, Carriage Rides and Wagon Rides will be temporarily unavailable until Spring 2020.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Cítricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will undergo renovations this year to improve the sophisticated space. As part of this, the signature restaurant will be modified in a few different phases, including:
- Starting in February, the bar will be closed. Bar service and the restaurant’s award-winning wine list will continue to be available at Cítricos.
- Also in February, the menu will be modified for a limited time as the main cookline is refurbished.
- Starting in May, the dining room will be closed in sections, and the dessert menu will be modified for a limited time.
During this time, Cítricos will remain open and accept reservations while we continue to focus on delivering outstanding Guest service in an adjusted layout.
Cítricos is expected to finish its refurbishment in summer 2020. Once complete, the restaurant will feature an improved fine dining experience, our guests will continue to enjoy the lively atmosphere, seasonally-inspired menu, and elegance embodied by Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- The Hippy Dippy Pool is scheduled to close for refurbishment through early spring 2020. During this time, guests will be able to use the Bowling Pool, Computer Pool, and the kiddie pool. Movies Under The Stars will be offered in an alternate location. Noise may be heard as work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from guests’ rooms between dusk and 9 a.m.
Best Western, Lake Buena Vista
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista is currently undergoing refurbishments through December 2020 to make exciting updates to the hotel. Work will be limited to between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. during the week and occasionally on weekends. All hotel amenities are available during the refurbishment and every precaution is being taken to minimize disruption to guests’ stays.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Roadwork is taking place in the area until further notice. Intermittent overnight lane closures, lane shifts, traffic congestion, and noise impacts can be expected along Osceola Parkway / Victory Way.
Please be aware that several roads near Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort may be operating under traffic restrictions or closed completely to accommodate runDisney events on the following dates:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Sunday, February 23, 2020 from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM
(during the Disney Princess Half Marathon)
- Sunday, February 23, 2020 from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM
Planning A Vacation?
Let our travel partner, Park World Travel, handle the details of planning your Disney vacation. When you book with Park World Travel, they will take care of all the details. Their expertise and personalized recommendations will help you make the most of your vacation. When you book a Disney vacation with Park World Travel, all of their services are available to you for free. Request your free no-obligation Disney vacation quote here.