The 26th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will take place March 6 – June 3, 2019 at Walt Disney World. This year’s festival will feature new topiaries, an expanded Garden Rocks concert series, and many other fun surprises for festival guests.
Throughout the festival, dozens of topiaries and beds of multi-colored blooms will transform Epcot into a dazzling floral display. Nearly 70,000 blooms will surround the lakes in Future World, while hundreds more will float in mini-gardens on the water.
Let’s take a look at the fun which awaits guests to the 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival:
- The Garden Rocks concert series expands to every day of the festival. The series which features chart-topping artists performing at the America Gardens Theatre will include 270 concerts! Artist scheduled to appear include The Spinners, Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone, TobyMac, Steven Curtis Chapman, John Michael Montgomery, Lonestar, Peabo Bryson, and more.
- Outdoor Kitchens, including four new ones, will offer creative new culinary dishes. See the full menu for each of the 2019 Outdoor Kitchens here.
- A fun playground and garden located at Bo Peep’s Training Grounds presented by Toy Story 4 will feature topiaries of Toy Story characters including brand new topiaries of Bo Peep and her sheep.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration returns to the festival with new locations along the garden pollenation trail. Select merchandise offerings will feature everyone’s favorite bee, Spike.
- The Eggstravaganza Scavenger Hunt will return to the festival April 5th – 21st. Guests will be able to search for Disney character-themed Easter eggs around World Showcase in this fun event.
- In celebration of Disneynature’s “Penguins” which opens April 17th, a 9-foot-tall sculpture created from recycled marine debris will be displayed in Future World. The sculpture, created by WashedAshore.org, will feature adult and baby Adélie penguins.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House presented by GoGo squeeZ will also return to the 2019 festival. Nearly 1,000 butterflies will fly among the garden’s two dozen nectar plants.
- World Showcase pavilion gardens, such as the Kokodema Garden and Bonsai Collection in Japan, the Urban Spice Garden in Morocco and the Alpine Container Garden in Germany, will feature plant-life from those countries.
Guided tours will be available for guests wanting to learn more about nature. The Behind The Seeds – The Land tour, which is offered year-round, gives guests a behind the scenes look at the fish farm and four greenhouses in The Land at Epcot. Two additional tours exclusive to the festival will also be available:
- The Royal Tea Garden Tour presented by Twinnings takes place each morning in the United Kingdom pavilion. For a small fee, guests can follow a knowledgeable guide through the tea garden, learning the history and artistry of growing and blending tea. After the tour guests will enjoy tea and scones.
- The shorter, complimentary English Tea Garden Tour will also be offered in the United Kingdom pavilion on select days.
- Guests at the Gardens of The World tour will join a Disney horticulturalist on a three-hour walking tour. They will explore the award-winning topiaries and gardens of the festival, learning about the unique role landscaping plays at Walt Disney World. They will also discover new plant materials and gardening techniques for use in home gardens.
Reservations for tours can be made by calling (407) WDW-TOUR. Park admission is required.
Guests can commemorate their visit to the 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will official event merchandise. Among the festival’s merchandise will be floral mouse ears, violet lemonade spirit jerseys, adorable mugs, and so much more. Festival themed gardening tools and accessories will also be available for purchase as a way for guests to bring the magic of the festival to their home gardens.
Will you be visiting the 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival? Which festival offering do you most look forward to experiencing? Let us know your favorite part of the festival in the comments below.
You may also enjoy these posts:
Planning A Vacation?
Let our travel partner, Park World Travel, handle the details of planning your Disney vacation. When you book with Park World Travel, they will take care of all the details. Their expertise and personalized recommendations will help you make the most of your vacation. When you book a Disney vacation with Park World Travel, all of their services are available to you for free. Request your free no-obligation Disney vacation quote here.